Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 lr2 that I keep having power steering problems with. I had my pump replaced Dec. 13 and approximately one month later, another pump and the rack and pinion were replaced by the dealer. I just took my car in because the ps fluid was leaking out and was told I need a new pump. Does anyone know why this could be happening?

Also, I have Mercury MBP coverage and the pump I currently have is no longer under man. Warranty, has anyone had an issue with them paying to replace the same part twice?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
217 Posts
If the system is not cleaned fully, there might still be residue in lines. Maybe rubber lines are collapsing and causing heat build-up for premature failure or wrong fluids.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Some of the early production of FL2 had a manufacturing fault involving weld spatter contamination of the power steering system. Correction involves replacing the whole system, pump, reservoir, pipework, and steering rack. It is a known fault (in the UK) and there should be a service notification.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.