Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 D2 with around 150k on it. I had. The water pump replaced and most of the cooling system hoses replaced back in March. Yesterday I came back to the truck with a pool of coolant on the ground. I got it home and did some searching and found its coming from the oil cover gasket. I was able to even see the piece of broken gasket sticking out. Cleaned around tut area and watched the coolant start leaking again. Obviously I need to replace that but why would coolant be leaking from there anyway? No other issues. Truck runs fine otherwise....today at least.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
172 Posts
Are you sure it is coming out of the pan gasket? Or a drip from above. Here is behind the front cover Architecture Font Metal

Mike Russell
Age 18
2003 discovery se
Lover of Rovers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty sure. I cleans around where it looked like it was dripping from which is how I found the broken piece of gasket sticking out. I can't see any drips from above that area and after the wipe down it looked like it was coming from right out of that piece of broken gasket. From underneath it's dripping just back from the front bolt on the pan. Drips onto the gearbox cooling pipe (i think that's what it is) then pooling into the dust cover.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you have coolant coming from the oil pan, you have a serious problem. Water in the oil serious

Mike Russell
Age 18
2003 discovery se
Lover of Rovers

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really suspect it's leaking somewhere else, then running around the lip of valve cover to drip off at the lowest point. A favourite source would be the throttle body heater, and the pipes that go to and from it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.