Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 V6 LR3 and my wife told me over the weekend she had the low coolant message display. The coolant was just under minimum, so I topped it off. I drove it today and I seem to have a small leak coming from the front of the wheel arch under the tank location.
Before I dive in and start removing parts, is the best access to remove the wheel arch trim and look from underneath or the engine bottom cover plate.
I have read that the tank sometimes cracks and the sensor can go bad. I live in the middle east and its low 40's degrees currently, which can putr extra stress on the parts, but this is the first time I have had an issue in 3 year of ownership.

·
1,854 Posts
Yes, the Sensor does go bad and you can drive it. I had mine replaced last Spring.
But If its leaking, yes replace it ASAP. Check that its not a hose that is leaking. These tanks tend to crack after 5 to 10 years.
Dave

·
Registered
525 Posts
mmmmmm plastic... hmmmpphhh I'm on my third or fourth I lost count. You definitely want to check the hoses, as there are a bunch there along the side of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.