Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any reason to pay more for the name brand stuff over the cheap autozone brand? Or are not all coolants equal?

·
Computer Nerd
802 Posts
More than 10 years ago, I met a lady that worked for Honeywell. Honeywell owned Prestone at the time, maybe they still do. Anyway, they also made the Walmart supertech antifreeze at that time. She said that the Prestone was superior, that the Walmart store brand did not contain the same anti-corrosion additives. I'm not sure if it was the formula that was different or the concentration. Anyway, that was a long time ago and I cannot say if it still holds true.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
In some case, yes it is better to buy Rover or some large brand name parts over the ones from China, depends what you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Peak Extended is great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Going the cheep rought on somthing as important as the coolong system is not the best thing to do. You can fill up on Peak for $30 or less

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Mike!! Is land rover still useing Dex cool if you service the Disco 2 at the stealership.? Or have they realized Dex Cool is not the way to go now?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts