Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have 2002 land rover disco. It has 140k. Recently I have had the pleasure of replacing the head gaskets. I replaced the head gaskets, t-stat, machined heads and flushed system multiple times. After I started it im still having problems with too much pressure. No exhaust gases are present. Anyone have any ideas? :dunno:

·
Registered
356 Posts
how are you identifying that you have too much pressure?
it's pretty common for the overflow cap to fail. have you replaced it?

·
Registered
380 Posts
something clogged could bring up your pressure, like if your radiator was clogged real bad, you could spring a leak somewhere or blow your cap under load. Also, x2 on what PT said, good idea to double check that.

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
The cap is spring loaded set to18psi - iirc. If pressure rises above this it leaks by The seal and out of Tue overflow tube making it very hard to blow a cap and equally hard to build any pressure past this point.

I agree with the chemical block test. If a head gasket was causing it to boil out it should show up there. Also, again, the cap itself is a good place to start for these situations. 1psi lost through the cap seal reduces the boiling point of the coolant by 10 degrees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.