Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ... new problem.

Right side exhaust Manifold has a crack which is leaking and make exhaust noise when cold.

Got estimate from Walts of $550 to replace with new one.

Questions ..

1) Is this price reasonable ?

2) Is there any other options like removing and welding crack ?

After brakes ($800) and Fuel Pump ($750), I hope I am getting done with major repairs for awhile.

97 Disco has 95K Miles. Is it due for a new timing belt next ??? Already got the 90K full service done....

Dave Beatty

· Registered
1,506 Posts
BeattyD said:
Well ... new problem.

Right side exhaust Manifold has a crack which is leaking and make exhaust noise when cold.

Got estimate from Walts of $550 to replace with new one.

Questions ..

1) Is this price reasonable ?

2) Is there any other options like removing and welding crack ?

After brakes ($800) and Fuel Pump ($750), I hope I am getting done with major repairs for awhile.

97 Disco has 95K Miles. Is it due for a new timing belt next ??? Already got the 90K full service done....

Dave Beatty

800 for brakes and 750 for fuel pump??? Darn, might as well pay the 500 for the manifolds ......

Brake pads run between 25 and 150 bucks (from a good vendor like AB).

Fuel pump is 200 to 280 depending if you have the Evap system or not.

The exhaust manifold is a bit of a pain to remove and install but it's not very hard. I just removed and re-installed my passenger side manifold on my 95 D1 in less than an hour. I could've done it quicker but I took my time to clean them and install it properly.

Maybe if you tell us where you are located we can recommend and independant LR shop.

Timing belt on the Disco..... don't think so!!!

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I'd gladly sell you a used one for $550, and include a timing belt, but since the DII doesn't actually have a timing belt, I guess I'd settle for $110, plus shipping. PM me if you want it. It'll need three new studs.

Next week I'm gonna have a special on Spark plug bearings, and 8 packs of compression. I'll split them in half for series owners. Before you ask, I'm completely out of piston ring grooves.

· Registered
37 Posts
TerryS said:
I'd gladly sell you a used one for $550, and include a timing belt, but since the DII doesn't actually have a timing belt, I guess I'd settle for $110, plus shipping. PM me if you want it. It'll need three new studs.

Next week I'm gonna have a special on Spark plug bearings, and 8 packs of compression. I'll split them in half for series owners. Before you ask, I'm completely out of piston ring grooves.
DANG IT...i'm in need of some piston ring grooves..in the worst kinda way...i guess i'll keep looking :lol:

· Banned
73 Posts
Got any indicator fluid? :dunno:

With all the turns I have on the way to work, I run out too often.

· Wounded Knee Moderator
1,904 Posts
Yeesh, look at the date of the last post in this thread.........almost 5 years old. I was still banging my ex-wife that year.

TerryS is the only member that still participates.....and maybe not likely to follow up.

Would a cracked beam on a bridge be bad? Do you buy cracked eggs at the market? Would a crack in a dam be harmless? The San Andreas Fault is a crack, come to your own conclusion. Common sense dictates common answers. I can't foretell the future on what it will do but it will cost you more someday if left alone.

You can replace with used from several helpful folks here or have it welded which is not always a good fix since it may crack next to new weld.....

Start a new thread asking for a used manifold. You can do it here or in the "Wanted" section and people will contact you.

· Registered
536 Posts
I'm dyin'

I've done it too, tho'

luck,greg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.