Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

fuel pressure or something else

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Land Rover Discovery LE 50th anniversary 4.0 V8
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 disco le with 131k with the 4L v8 and got it running before with new injectors had about 75psi in fuel pressure and drove it for 46 miles then it was running super rich and now won't start at all I have replaced the injectors again because I thought they were clogged then I replaced the fuel pressure regulator and blew air and carb cleaner down the return line the fuel pump works I have replaced the ECM the crank and camshaft sensors and I think my problem is the super high fuel pressure now it's at almost 87 psi. also, the mass air, air temp and the idol control valve and idol position sensore. one last thing is the wires and plugs are brand new.

·
very disco
2,883 Posts
When you say “got it running before” was it down for a long time?

·
very disco
2,883 Posts
Double post

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you say “got it running before” was it down for a long time?
I just unhooked the Return line from the FPR and it lowered the psi to 38 psi and still no start. Also tried starting it with starting fluid but it still did not start.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Double post
When I first got the car you would start it normally and you can take the key out but when I resoldered a wiring harness that rats chewed and now I turn the ignition I just hear a solid beeeeeeeeep that still sounded when driving and won't let me take the key out until I unhooked the battery. What I heard is the transferase neutral sensor is unplugged or something and I don't know if it can immobilize it because it was running super-rich before it stopped starting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts