Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had towed due to dead battery. New battery and new key fob battery. No crank. Stays in crash mode. Touched terminals together. Unplugged every harness i could find to try a reset. Nothing is working.HELP!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May need to go to the dealer (or a shop with JLR SDD software or equivalent) to reset crash mode.
That's not the answer I was looking for LOL. I'm trying to save myself a boatload of money but by not taking it to a dealership. Closest dealership is about 80 miles and it will have to be towed there. And from what I've been looking up on, a dealership is probably going to charge me around 1200 bucks and it won't even completely fix the problem

·
2008 LR2 SE
53 Posts
Indie rover shops might well have SDD, or a third-party equivalent.

You can also download a bootleg copy of the JLR SDD software and buy a so called "mongoose" cable to connect it. You'll also need a laptop, maybe with an older version on windows. You also need a special power supply (battery support unit) to maintain vehicle voltage when the SDD is being used (to safeguard the ECC).

Kind of a PITA, but cheaper than a trip to the dealer. If you're going to keep the car for a while it could come in handy in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts