Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May need to go to the dealer (or a shop with JLR SDD software or equivalent) to reset crash mode.
That's not the answer I was looking for LOL. I'm trying to save myself a boatload of money but by not taking it to a dealership. Closest dealership is about 80 miles and it will have to be towed there. And from what I've been looking up on, a dealership is probably going to charge me around 1200 bucks and it won't even completely fix the problem

·
2008 LR2 SE
70 Posts
Indie rover shops might well have SDD, or a third-party equivalent.

You can also download a bootleg copy of the JLR SDD software and buy a so called "mongoose" cable to connect it. You'll also need a laptop, maybe with an older version on windows. You also need a special power supply (battery support unit) to maintain vehicle voltage when the SDD is being used (to safeguard the ECC).

Kind of a PITA, but cheaper than a trip to the dealer. If you're going to keep the car for a while it could come in handy in the future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put it in a shop and they checked and cleaned all connections. They also discovered that the brake cable was stuck. After releasing the brake, the cleaning of connectors and recharging the battery the codes were finally cleared and im back on the road. I recommend checking online for local shops that doesn't have bad reviews and make sure they have the proper computer for land rovers. They'll most likely be alot cheaper than a dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts