Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. New here on the forum. Usually find enough nuggets digging through everyone’s posts to figure out my problems but this one has got me.

98 D1 50th Anniversary 4 new Bosch o2’s (been through 7). Initially was getting open loop readings until I replaced the ABS ecu. Makes no sense I know but now they read since the swap. Engine ecu had been replaced already when I found her. TPS, IAC, fuel pressure reg, head gaskets, plugs wires, coil pack, fuel temp, water temp, air temp, maf x3 and output speed sensor also replaced or swapped from known running D1. 3yr long story short is that Bank 1 sensor 1 and Bank 2 sensor 2 work and don’t work. Turn key on and all 4 read 1.2. Start the truck they read .985. Put it in gear and the banks listed drop to .005 and she bogs right out. Let off the gas and they pop up to .985 for a slit sec and dive back. Spent the day redoing all factory grounds with no avail. I know lefty loosey righty tighty pretty well but electric I’m a bit dumb on. Anyone ever diagnose this or have an idea where to look? At wits end and really not trying to pay $100 hr for someone to scratch their head.
I appreciate your time if you read this far. Thanks
Edit: random misfire code. Only one of the 12 or so I had that I can’t figure out

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Are you sure you have the right type of O2 sensor. They look the same but Discovery 1's had a Titania sensor where the normal sensors used on other vehicles is a Zirconia based ones. They produce completely different signals to the ECU.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Also do not use a cheap O2 sensor. For some reason the Discos are very sensitive about the O2 sensor. I bought some cheap ones and they did not work from Day 1; changed them out for OEM and problem went away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be. What’s Wild is b1s1 and b2s2 go rich to lean like a light switch. Let the truck run for 20min until she’s totally at operating temp and she doesn’t act up as much. Did this before o2’s We’re changed though. Almost like they aren’t grounding until the exaust pipe is full hot.
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate any input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts