Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a few :eek:
Especially as I had to back it down a clay slope in the pissing rain to get onto the boat. But a bit of muscle power after the nose slid of and was hanging of the side got us going again.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Why Did The Rover Cross The River?

Kind of a new twist on the chicken crossing the road. No body ever told the helpers and boat operator it was risky, so they just get on with it. Necessity is the mother of invention. Great photos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Necessity is the mother of Invention - Africa lives by that saying I reckon. They weren't too distressed cause they got a handsome price out of the deal as they knew that the only other way to the other side was to drive around and through Malawi into Tanzania - about 3,500k's. DOH

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can keep the pics coming for quite a while cause it has done a lot of miles in Africa my landy. Here are a couple more from last year

The first is the first two guys trying to stop me falling right of the boat.
The second - the guy with the flames on his hat we called Crocodile Dundee because he kept joking about the crocs in the river in Swahili
The third is my personal reminder to make sure I carry enough gas - that was my last 20 litres going in (out of 250 that I can carry!!) and we were still a very very long way from anyone in the middle of Moremi in Botswana, and on our own!
The forth is what can me expected in Northern Mozambique - miles and miles of deserted beaches.

·
Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Youd be better off to fly here and buy/rent one locally.

Several companies do rent them out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.