Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was working fine, but last time I highway drove it - nothing!

I checked the manual, but if I recall the fuse for the CC is the same as some other lights (cant remember which at the moment) and all lights seem to be working.

Any other things I can check out?

TIA

·
Registered
96 Posts
Don't know how applicable this is, but on my RR I occasionally have to re-cycle the cruise by going out of cruise control mode, then going back in for things to work.

---
Staffan Tj
'96 RR 4.6HSE NAS
Rioja Red / Walnut

·
Registered
20 Posts
What year?

I have a 97, once you identify the fuse and check it. next step is going to the vacuum pump in the front under the airfilter...check all the hoses for the leaks (the ends get dry rot). You may even want to do a check direct to the battery to see if its working for just sec. If thats not it check the connection to the break switch (still part of the vacuum system, you'll see a line). Finally the cassette behind the glove box that covers it all you should be able to hear it click when you try to reset the steering wheel switches.

sometimes cycling the switch on the dash works and will then help you narrow. Good luck (mine was the CC control unit (aka cassette) behind the dash) but my hoses were worn too, found it on ebay from a wreak for 65.00 and runs fine now. the other alternate is that the speed transducers would be bad but other things would be going bad too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
cc

best bet is the vac hoses that go to the throttle body very common brak follow the hso if its not split there is a t fitting and more hoses to check. also id\f the light in the switch burns out it wont turn on the cc so see if the light i believe it shines green when you activate the switch turns on

·
Registered
48 Posts
Please help a new owner who'se manual hasn't yet arrived. Where is the cruise control switch on the dash ('96 Discovery I) and how is it marked. My vehicle has the switches on the wheel but they do nothing. As posted earlier, the vacuum hoses are old and cracked. I will replace them. Still, I hear no sounds when I try to activate the steering wheel controls. All advice appreciated.
rick

·
Registered
62 Posts
the switch should be either on the facia around the cluster or by the fog light switch pack under the clock. it looks like a highway or road with a dashed linein the middle good luck. :drink1:

·
Registered
48 Posts
rovertech said:
the switch should be either on the facia around the cluster or by the fog light switch pack under the clock. it looks like a highway or road with a dashed linein the middle good luck. :drink1:
Thanks! I had hoped to get at my C/C problem but the temperature here is
is barely a hair over NOTHING so the D-I sits in the driveway alone when I'm
home. Once we're back into warmer days I will pull it all apart and debug
it. I also need to fix the wipers as they no longer auto-home. That's not much
of an issue in the rain but on intermittant, the wipers just stop mid-stroke and
wait for the next electrical pulse.

rick bored-at-work

·
Registered
321 Posts
also check the switch under the brake, that switch disengages the cruise and is known to go bad at times.
take care
sam

·
Registered
490 Posts
Be sure to check the vac hose. They have a problem with drying out and cracking at the connection. If so, sometimes you can get by with cutting the end off and refitting. Running into any parts shop and picking up a spare vac hose in a good length is nickel and dimes.

By percentage... check the hose first!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts