Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 99 discovery II and i can not get my cruise control to work. the light in the dash comes on when i push the button but when i try to set it on the steering wheel, nothing happens. ANY IDEAS?

· Registered
321 Posts
first thing, check all your vacuum hoses then check the switch under your brake peddle. if those things check out then it's prolly your cruise ecu that's toast.. my has been dead for awhile now as the ecu is about $400 and figured i could do without cruise
good luck
sam

· Registered
6 Posts
my cruise control stoped working as well, the dealer said that that its a vacum hose and said they'd charge me to fix it (which is silly because it stoped working after they last worked on the car), can you point me toward a diagram or image that would show were the hose is? thanks!

· Registered
48 Posts
This may sound stupid, but:

When I first bought mine, I couldn't make it work, either. Then I figured out that you have to push the buttons UP from below with your fingertips. I had been mashing them down, like you do on any other car.

· Registered
1,506 Posts
pieetry said:
my cruise control stoped working as well, the dealer said that that its a vacum hose and said they'd charge me to fix it (which is silly because it stoped working after they last worked on the car), can you point me toward a diagram or image that would show were the hose is? thanks!
IF it's a Disco I then this pic might help.

Just follow that hose to the firewall and check for cracks on the hose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.