Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
My cruise control didnt work either when I got my disco but about a week or so ago I changed all the vacum hose for the cruise control system and it works great now. you might want to start with that...

·
Registered
492 Posts
Andrew1002 said:
had my disco for nine months and cruise has never worked! anybody no where to start? the switch on dash board lights when you press it on but thats about it! its a 96 300tdi auto
You do have the buttons on the steering wheel of course ...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I spent Saturday replacing my hoses and the CC still does not work.

I could push on the actuator and get a response from the pump, but when I triedon the road, it MAY have worked for a moment but then I started drifting down in speed.

What is the next step.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome to the world of British Autos!

I had this problem also. Driving from Chicago to Arizona last year, found out the cruise didn't work on my newly purchased '98. I had given up on it until I had to drive it back to Chicago for the summer. About 20min out of Phoenix I explain to my passenger how the Cruise is supposed to engage and that it doesn't work when, whatd know?! it engages! Ran all the was back to Illinois even though the light burned out around Oklahoma. But the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Driving back last week to Phoenix, no dice, cruise control is FUBAR once again. :dunno:. Well that's my cruise control story.

P.S Hey BSW what color do you call your disco? I have the same paint and I've only seen three others on the road and I hear its quite limited. Cobar Blue is it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Cruise control

I was given an estimate for several hundred dollars by the LR dealer in Birmingham, Alabama ( Don't go there). When I got home, I found one vaccum hose disconnected because the end of it was cut and causing it to slide off the connector so I cut it off and pushed back onto connector and had no problem since. God Bless the Southland!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Keep looking on the vaccum lines for leaks, there are a lot of lines including a long one to a brake switch down at the brake pedal.
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.