Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bound and determined to get the stock cruise working on my 95 RRC SWB, auto, I have replaced all the vacuum hoses, diaphragm will hold vacuum, brake lights work, checked all the usual stuff. Here is where I stand as of now. Test B out of the cruise system. Test 1B: Pass, Test 2B: Pass, Test 1C: Pass, Test 2C: Pass, Test 3C: Pass, Test 4C: Pass, Test 5C: Pass, Test 7C: Pass. Test 7C fails the cruise ECU. I took mine apart, cleaned the red coating off and checked the best I could for any breaks, did attempt to re-solder joints with a pencil gun still no change. Ordered a unit of unknown condition and it made no change. So I ordered another of unknown condition and it too made no change. So the odds of 3 not working are skeptical. I have backed up and completed all tests in each section and the only fail is 7C.

I have read that if the SRS light is on it will not allow the cruise to work, mine is on, but have never found a reason why that is being said.

I have pinned out the cruise ecu and the only unknown is terminal 2.

Any help before I go nuts! :confused

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brake switch

Yes, Test 2B tests the switch and wiring to the ECU, which it does test good. I have also pulled the switch bench tested and tested in place, works as it should.

· Registered
2,065 Posts
Not sure how accurate this is but I've heard you can fit a CCM from a DII that is supposed to be better?

I've run into this issue on my friends DI. Keeps blowing modules in a matter of weeks with the system testing out good. I think it is down to a hard to find intermittent short someplace in the harness.

· Registered
638 Posts
I'm not talking about the brake switch
It's the switch above
It's like a valve for when you put on the brakes
It releases the vacume on the cruse
If it's not right you don't get vacume to engage
Cruse
At least on my 91

· Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
Like Matt said, these ECUs are common to find bad. So the fact that you've tried 3 used ones with no change doesn't surprise me either. Save yourself the headache and replace with a new one.

If the test is showing ECU, then there's really no sense in messing with anything other than the ECU right now.

I had a '95 Classic and ended up replacing the ECU with a new one from Rovers North. It was $120 several years ago. My cruise finally worked. And my SRS light was on, so there goes that theory.

Colin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.