Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently built a "Saudi Spec" grill for my D2. Right now, I am in the process of building another. Here is what the current one looks like. I was giving it a good cleaning after URE! Now this is a prototype, so its not the best one out their, and don't judge to quickly. My questions are to you guys are:

What do you think of it?
Does it look good?
What price would you pay for a Custom Saudi Spec?

Thanks!! Ill answer any other questions that you guys might have.

(Apologize if I posted in the wrong area)

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
Very nice, I've seen these mentioned but think I have never seen one. Making one of these out of my spare grill is on my list of things to do to keep her cool, I already have the "Saudi" hot weather thermostat.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I get to try making one from not the spare I have but from the one on the Rover now, why? Because the wife hit a deer, at 45mph and all it did was crack the grill!:D You can't even tell unless you look real close.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I built mine a few months ago and I was really impressed how it came out. It changed my Rover's appearance to my stylish Euro look. But, not a change on temperature readings. I will sell it on eBay soon. I had purchased the grill on eBay for around 45.00.

·
Registered
17 Posts
BUSTED! Nope. It's a myth. If your system is not working properly, it won't call it even if you drive without grill. I live in Miami with ridiculous driving conditions of 45 minutes @ 20 MPH. Follow the TsTat write up and you would get wonderful results. Proper water/coolant mix and you would be just fine with the inline tstat. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am around 75% water and maybe 25% anti-freeze with a bottle of water wetter. South Fl temps average 85F. Summer around 95f with almost summer all year around.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am thinking about fabricating a grill out of a universal diamond pattern grill material in the future. Interesting it won't affect temps, but who knows it may look cool. What you did looks nice. how did you attach the material to the grill?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If your still wondering, I can tell ya. Sorry, I've been away from this forum for awhile. I used just regular gorilla glue and tried to shape it in. Didn't work to well though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.