Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 D2.... For the last several days it will briefly cut out and then rev to about 2,000 then back down all by itself... No input from driver whatsoever. This will happen parked or in drive at a stop...Foot does not have to be on the brake for this to happen. My wife got the famous M+S flash and limp mode signalling a new battery despite it only being 2 years old. This did not fix the problem, but now the radio works again...Now it stranded her when parked for about an hour, cranked fine but would not start. Now it started, but still doing the cut out rev thing... I will put a crank sensor in it tomorrow, it is original... I am thinking TPS or MAF for the suddenly weird throttle behavior or could the CPS do this...I am at work, just happened so will not look at it until tomorrow morning. check fuel spark ect....many thanks in advance if anyone has had this happen before and knows wth this is...
I'm thinking maybe the CPS is starting to go out and then the ECU over compensates with raising the idle when it tries to die?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
swapped the CPS, will see if this cures it...

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Why are you guessing, what are your fault code numbers? What have you actually tested so far?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am guessing because it has never set off any codes and it has the original CPS.... I changed it a few weeks ago and it has been perfect ever since....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts