Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was intelligent enough to put a spark plug in crooked on my '96 Disco 1. So long story short I ended up replacing the cylinder head and gasket on the drivers side.

It went back together pretty easy, I got the torque specs from the RAVE manual. Now it won't idle. the engine will run if I rev it up with the throttle and keep it over 1300rpm. there is also some light black smoke coming from the exhaust, especially at high rmp. The computer started throwing codes 0340, 0183, 0113, and 0118 after the repair. Mostly temp sensors and a CPS. I thought maybe I forgot to plug something back in but I scoured the engine compartment and can find nothing unplugged. I'm a newbie when it comes to an extensive repair like a cylinder head and I am very new to Land Rover. Any suggestions on where to look next?

Also the plug for my MAF was broken when I bought the disco. I can't find the wiring diagram for the MAF in the RAVE, can anyone send a pic that shows the wire colors and position when plugged in?

Thanks in advance. This forum has been immensely helpful thus far.

· Registered
4,797 Posts
1: to get the idle under control, you probably need to have teha daptive values reset.

2: Given those codes, I suspect you mixed up an injector plug with the fuel temp sender.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.