Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking, which is better off road? i'm sure the hummer is better stock but they have tires so big its almost cheating. but if the defender is built up, which is more capable? of course, i'd always go for the landie, even if i had 100k sittin around.

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Horses for courses. The hummer is a very capable vehicle since it was originally conceived,designed and built for the American military, but in my opinion it's too wide and too heavy. Having said that, Land Rover is still used by the British Army, Nato, Australian army and other country's miltary. So which is best? Your post could lead to quite a debate. I vote for Land Rover (because I'm biased). :D

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
D90 hands down is the better vehicle off-road.
I salute the H1, a much more capable vehicle off-road than the H2, but as stated previously, it's too wide for most trail running,,, and downright dangerous on mountain shelf roads. I've seen the H1 take some insane off-cambers, but not significantly better than the D90. Furthermore the H1 has a poor break-over angle (though not as bad as the poorly designed H2).

The 90 may have smaller tires in stock form but gives up nothing in articulation. The 90 can take just as extreme off-cambers with a better breakover. It's solid axles make it easier to modify. It's narrower stance allows it to go places the H1 would hang up.

There's a reason why our SF units like the 90,,, it's analgous to replacing the 1911 w/ the Berreta, only to have our elite units choose to stick w/ the 1911.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.