Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck would not start - no Crank at all.

Took out the Starter - Bench tested starter is fine - I got a new starter anyways replaced that - Still same.
12 Volt is on the Main red cable connect to the starter
No voltage on the small Yellow cable that triggers the starter - not getting power when crank
The Yellow trigger wire was damaged touching the exhaust - repaired

Before that checked Starter Fuse #23. Fuse is OK, swapped the Relay R9 with another. Retested again after new starter install still same. Fuse # 23 is showing ground not 12V !!
There has to be another Fuse or Relay that i am missing

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 Land Rover Discovery 2
138 Posts
You’ve tried everything I did and everything everyone told me to do when I thought my starter had gone out. I think it’s highly unlikely the new starter is bad, so it must be ok.

Are you sure your fix in the cable that was damaged by the exhaust is good? Have you checked voltage on both sides of the fix?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You’ve tried everything I did and everything everyone told me to do when I thought my starter had gone out. I think it’s highly unlikely the new starter is bad, so it must be ok.

Are you sure your fix in the cable that was damaged by the exhaust is good? Have you checked voltage on both sides of the fix?
I was able to figure out one of the fuses FL13 (Lighting switch) was out. Not sure why that is related to Starter. But that fixed the weird problem. I ended up replacing the starter my starter was old anyways, both tested ok.
repaired harness. moved the harness out of the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 Land Rover Discovery 2
138 Posts
Glad you figured it out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts