Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've got a V8 Disco II on a SORN and a P38 RR that needs a couple of new tyres. Both are 255 60 R16 so can I just stick the Disco wheels on my RR? Are the rims interchangeable? Many thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry - thought most people were UK based - my apologies! A SORN is a UK road tax document - basically we pay a Road Tax according to the CC/emissions/fuel of your vehicle. All vehicles on the road must be taxed, however if you then take it off the road for any reason you can avoid tax by declaring your vehicle as SORN (Statutory Off Road Notice) - that way you won't be liable for any tax.

My Disco's exhaust dropped off so instead of fixing it, I stuck it on a SORN, parked it off road and bought a RangeRover. However I need a new tyre on the RR, saw that the Disco had the same size tyres and was wondering if I could just nick the spare off the Disco and stick it on the Rangie. However before I start jacking things up I thought I'd check to see if the rim's offset/pcd etc were the same.

·
Registered
27 Posts
short answer, no. Disco bolt pattern is 5x4 3/4 which come out to 5x120.65 and the P38 is straight 5x120.

now whether or not theres enough wiggle room for it to fit and be safe, you would have to make that call. if it were me i wouldn't push it.

my two cents, take the disco tire+rim to a shop in the RR and get them to swap it over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts