Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '95 Disco was hit in rear driver quarter while parked. Looks like big fender bender to me but appraiser says total loss. Prior to accident Disco was in great shape, 5-speed, 4.6 short block and heads, Corbeau front seats with inflatable lumbar, new headliner last November, brush guards front and back, new Sony stereo w/Blue Tooth, all tires practically new. Had straight body and good paint, white exterior with beige. Question: What was it worth prior to accident? Would post pic's but cant figure out how to on this site. Would email to member if they could post.

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
I have a '94 with just over 100K. When I first insured it the mileage was at 82K. The truck was mint. I called my broker. He told me that if, in fact, the truck was mint, the maximum payout with collision would be $1500. The payout dropped down to $1100 for average condiion. That was almost four years ago. Today, I'd expect the maximum payout to be at least a couple of hundred less. It doesn't take much to total out an 18/19 year old vehicle. Especially one that fails to hold value like these trucks.

What is your truck worth? Certainly no where near what you have invested in it. They aren't going to consider things like the 4.6 or the seats or any aftermarket stuff you've done to it. That's all on your dime. Unless you've got a policy with an agreed upon value, all you're going to get is somewere in the mid teens for a payout. Instead of letting them total the truck negotiate to buy back the truck with a reduced cash payout. They should be amenable to that.

·
Registered
518 Posts
If it is cosmetic, fix it...Quarter panels un bolt/4 rivets behind the C pillar finishers (remove finishers with nuts behind the interior trim).... floor and inner fenders/tail section can be bought as replacement weld in panels... With the rate these things are being scrapped, they are going to start skyrocketing in value like the RRC has.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Comments by that broker were useful. Regarding the quarter panels, didn't know that, assumed they were welded to allow collapsing on impact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts