Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Zilla 358
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a brake pad code, and I pulled the sensors, calipers, and pads. Cleaned where the sensors clip to brake pad. Checked pads and calipers and both were good and free moving. Put it back together and the pad light is still on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
On my Mercedes you must push a reset button which is located on the master cylinder. Does the Land Rover have the same?

·
Duff
5 Posts
Zilla; you will find that once your brake pad ware sensor has tripped you will need a new one. You can cut the wires and connect them together and the light will go out. You can leave it like that or buy a new sensor and install it. Your local NAPA should be able to get you one or you can go to Atlantic British or probably most other auto parts stores for one.

·
Zilla 358
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info on the sensors, I had just replaced the front, so I'm guessing the rear shorted out for some reason. Thanks, I'll try wiring the back in a loop bypassing the sensor. Still can't guess why it tripped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the info on the sensors, I had just replaced the front, so I'm guessing the rear shorted out for some reason. Thanks, I'll try wiring the back in a loop bypassing the sensor. Still can't guess why it tripped.
Any luck?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts