Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be replacing me Damper really soon but before I did, I had a few questions...

Which one should I get, the OME, or Bilstein?

If the answer is Bilstein, how well does that blue boot on the shock protect and is there more protection under it?

This will be the first under-the-truck job for me so is there anything i should look out for?

Thanks guys

· Banned
907 Posts
Go OME...The bil's have to much charge or something. It want's to push the steering wheel, and the truck will not track in a stright line. At least, they were that way, I'm not sure if they ever corrected the problem or not.

If you have not done so, I would go ahead and relocate it to the front rod, and use a D-90 style damper.......

· Registered
492 Posts
I changed all my shocks and springs at 80,000 Km along with the Steering Damper for OMEs, no complaints so far at 86,000.

At least 25-30% of my milage (kilometerage) is off road

4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OME it is!...wow guys, i know i probably bore everyone to death with this but geeze, this forum ROCKS!........and yeah, i did notice the OME are a little less expensive than Bilsteins. Hmm, about the relocation to the front, what are the advantages of that, and is that a major job? (major job meaning, lots of preparation and work done to the steering components and relocation of mounts and all that)

· Registered
138 Posts
I installed an OME steering damper and was quite pleased with how well it worked, both on-road and off. I recommend it. First "under the truck" job eh? Watch for crap falling in your eyes. I usually try to pressure wash & de-grease the area where I intend to work the day before I to reduce the amount of falling "crud". Best Wishes, LRW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.