Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. My name is Dan Hamren. I live In the San Francisco Bay Area ( Redwood City) This is my 1993 LWB. It has just over 150K on the odometer. Its Ardennes Green. Here is a list of things that have been added to her..

ARB Front (with winch mount) and Rear bumper
Atlantic British Diff guards
Atlantic British Tranny Guard
Atlantic British Steering Guard Hella Black Magic Driving Lights DAP wheel arch molding kit
American Racing Nugget Wheels 15x8 with 33" BFG MT tires
slotted and cross drilled rotors with SS brake lines
Old Man Emu Springs with Billstein struts
OME steering stabilizer
Full length Custom Fabricated Roof Rack W/ cut out over the sunroof
6 Blazer Baja lights mounted on the roof rack (4 ft 2 rear)
Optima Red Top Battery
Blaupunkt Austin radio 6 Earthquake speakers
Radio Shack CB Radio New Catalytic converters and Y pipe
RamAir Air Filter (3 stage foam filter)

Extras for wheeling 2 front half shafts with CV joints 2 rear half shafts 1 differential ( works front or rear ) HI Lift Jack, 20 Ton Tow rope ,misc repair items..

Comming soon 150 AMP Bosch Alternator ( in the garage awaiting transplant)Id like to do a cheap limb riser project too..
I need to custom fabricate some sliders with my wheeling guru buddy Sean (landcruiser guy although his wife drives his old Disco 1)
at the same time as the sliders i am going to make some rear sliders that are welded on to my ARB rear bumper.

Well thats all i can think of right now..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lights & Alternator

Nice truck Dan.

Couple questions for you
1. Did you have to do anything to the alternator to support the additional 6 forward facing and 2 rear facing lights? Was that one of the reasons you added the Optima battery?
-Currently I have just two 130 watt KCs mounted on the ARB bumper, but I have mounts for 4 more fwd and 1 rear on the roof rack. I'm worried about running down the battery to nothing if the alternator can't keep up with all these planned lights!
2. The ARB rear bumper looks pretty nice on your rig, how do you like it? How much did that set you back?

Thanks - Drew

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DrewInSD said:
Nice truck Dan.

Couple questions for you
1. Did you have to do anything to the alternator to support the additional 6 forward facing and 2 rear facing lights? Was that one of the reasons you added the Optima battery?
-Currently I have just two 130 watt KCs mounted on the ARB bumper, but I have mounts for 4 more fwd and 1 rear on the roof rack. I'm worried about running down the battery to nothing if the alternator can't keep up with all these planned lights!
2. The ARB rear bumper looks pretty nice on your rig, how do you like it? How much did that set you back?

Thanks - Drew
You have a nice Rover too Drew.. Umm how do i put this.. well the lights up top have yet to be wired.. I was planning on wiring through a snorkel when i got around to it. As far as Alternator support, I am in the process of converting to a 150 Amp Bosch unit.. See the thread in the RR post sections. As for the ARB bumper, I love them. The last one i had was a plain non winch model with lights.. I put a British front plate on the front and man did i tlook good!..The one I have on this rover is a winch model, and even though i dont have a winch on it yet they are still the biggest baddest beefyest bull bars around. The powder coat is tough as nails, and will stay deep dark black as long as you wax it regularly. They do wiegh alot, especially in conjuction with a winch, so some beefy front springs are a good idea as well. Cost depend on where you get it, because shipping is usually an upcharge as well as tax.. $700-$800 roughly. The ARB is not the END ALL bumper for 4 wheeling however. It sticks out quite a bit in the front and the rear. Serious wheelers such as buggies try to keep as little body as possible in front of the front wheels and behind the rear wheels.. The ARB rear bumper is GREAT for stepping up to the rack to get stuff, but it lacks side protection for the rear side sills..I am planning on fabricating some for my Rig, But for the same amount of money there are guys who can CUSTOM fabricate Minimalist type bumpers that have little impact on approach and departure angles...

Happy Rovering...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Nice Rover--being that yours is the first of the US LWB's does the rear traction control work?

Nice color--my '92 SWB is Ardennes Green as well, with Winchester Gray Leather. Need to post a pic soon--has factory TWR 5-spoke rims, chromed, factory guards, and factory HD expedition rack-- plus a pair of Hella 3000's attached to the front guard, and since its a canadian model it has amber fog lights in the air dam, plus day-running lights and a block heater. Had factory running boards, removed for appearance. Nice truck.

Always liked the LWB model-better power than 3.9 and lots more room in the back. We almost bought a "Cornish Cream" 95 LWB but instead bought the 4.0SE.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The rack was custom fabed for $1200 bucks... It was done in Texas where the labor was much cheaper..\

here are a couple of pics of a hill that i am going to tackle as soon as the land dries up a bit..

·
Registered
391 Posts
how much lift did you have to get the 33's on

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
That is a sweet RRC!!!!!! Looks great..... You have done a great job with it:wave: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts