Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Have a Discovery 2002 model.

Sometimes due to the vibration of the engine, I hear a rattling noise coming from the front window demister (aircon blower outlet). It sounds like a loose screw or bracket. I can't see anything inside. Also removed the bonnet, blower, wiper motor, radio and aircon console but the noise is still there. I'm very sure the noise does not come from the engines side. It sounds like the noise is coming from somewhere above the condenser unit more to the steering column's side.

If anyone have suggestions or an idea what could cause the noise please let me know. Should I remove the whole dashboard?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
As a little joke, tune your engine so it idles well and the rattle will go away.
Seriously, sounds like something may have fallen down thru the vent and that will be a bugger to get to.
Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found the rattle

Hi Bruce,

The noise came from the refrigerant feed pipes where they go through the engine firewall. A nut attaches each pipe from the engine side to a coupler. One of these nuts was completely loose although the feed pipe was still seated and secure. The loose nut rattled when the engine vibration where at a certain level and because the pipes feed right below the window demister I was sure it came from the inside.

Hope you find the problem.

Cheers
Dieter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.