Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
very disco
1,408 Posts
Nice!

how much did the awning set you back? I’ve been looking at this brand new ARB for $400... but then there’s a used ARB Simpson III roof tent on Craigslist for $700...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nice!

how much did the awning set you back? I’ve been looking at this brand new ARB for $400... but then there’s a used ARB Simpson III roof tent on Craigslist for $700...
Iirc it was around 600 shipped on Black Friday from etrailer several years back. It’s been on my FJ since then and got moved to the rover b/c I love camping with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
very disco
1,408 Posts
I really like how that one fans out and covers a lot of space. I wish the ARB would do so, but the ARB is available with walls too!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Spent the afternoon under the rover removing what’s left of my Y pipe so I could weld it up. Unfortunately it was unplanned as someone relieved my rover of its cats while it was parked at the airport last weekend. Looking into replacements but for the time being it’s straight piped with some random straight exhaust pipe that was at the closest parts store. Tacked it in and got the truck home but it was far from sealed up/fixed until I could get it out and welded up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
All finished welding it up, matched the resistance to flow between the pipes while adding a touch of resistance overall to not change the front O2 sensor readings dramatically. Quick and dirty ground off the initial rough weld beads and where my resistance shafts pass straight through. Wrapped it with some excess exhaust wrap left over from another project. Now it’s ready for reinstall tomorrow.

If nothing else it’ll be nice to drop the under hood temps over the rest of the summer.

·
very disco
1,408 Posts
Sweet! I would be cautious about wrapping that. Mild steel is prone to corrosion, especially when wrapped. You may find yourself back under there sooner than you’d like!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Oh, I’m aware just can’t have the shiny new pipe drawing the emissions inspectors eye.

·
very disco
1,408 Posts
Fair point. All of the counties in WA (that I know of) abolished emissions testing this year.
Freedom!!!!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts