1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
You're in trouble!!!
Call the dealer and good luck,
Mike J.

· Registered
138 Posts
I recently had to "break in" to a Freelander @ a used car dealer as the battery was dead and the remote wouldn't unlock it. After thinking it over, I put the key into the keyhole & unlocked the door...............Good Luck, LRW

· Registered
455 Posts
I was wondering about that, because I have a key hole in my drivers' door. It'a amazing how we get accustomed to technologies. I had a friend that had to rush to the store @midnight to get batteries for his remote, he looked at me a little odd when I sugested he change the channel MANUALLY!

· Registered
455 Posts
"The more dependant we become, the weaker we become. " I heard it somewhere. I think it was G.Gordon

· Registered
209 Posts
Did you hear the one about the (insert suitably offensive racial or ethnic slur here) who locked his wife and kids in the car?

I laugh, because I probably would have done the same thing. :drink1:

· Registered
455 Posts
Remember, a jokes not funny unless someones offended!

· Registered
31 Posts
Actually, people who can't come up with quality jokes to save their life have to resort to cheap laughs like Mr. Devynsdad. Oh well, I apologize for the stupidity of a small number of Americans. (The people of Connecticut aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed either.) But hey, we all still love our Discos so no hard feelings bud.

· Registered
209 Posts
Generally, people with an infantile sense of humor combined with a room temperature IQ tend to try and belittle others in order to make themselves feel superior.

Now, URdiscovery, if you would like to get back to light-hearted discussion of Land Rovers and assorted miscellany, please continue. If, however, you are the type of troll who likes to redundantly post inflamatory comments because it makes you feel special, I think it would be in the best interest of everyone on the board if you would either grow up or shove off.

· Registered
31 Posts
I'm sorry, if insecure racist who has to make racial jokes to feel superior indicates maturity and being grown up, then I prefer to be immature and not grown up. I thought all Land Rover owners were classy, and still believe 99.9% are, so why don't you not let me down. Good Day Chap!
Matt

· Registered
209 Posts
:lol:

I think that you are taking my original post way too seriously. If I had been trying to post something that actually was offensive, I would have included a racial or ethnic slur. Since I didn't, I think it would be a reasonable conclusion to think that it was meant tongue-in-cheek. As the two posts prior to mine were humorous quotes, I thought that I might throw in a joke that everyone has heard in one form or another as s societal quote, if you will.

Since your sense of humor has obviously been stunted by too much exposure to political correctness, I doubt if I'll have much luck in convincing you of my intent. Since your attitude has also obviously been skewed by some other, unknown cause, I don't think I'll try.

· Registered
31 Posts
Well then, keep up your "tongue and cheek" humor and all the power to ya pal. As far as political correctness, you're talking to a white, republican college student who just bought a new land rover. I'm not too worried at all about political correctness, I think the politically correct liberals are more or less "out to lunch," I just thought Land Rover owners were classier than the people who make comments like that. If you had class you wouldn't stoop to the level of making comments like that, but hey, you probably lease. (Just joking buddy) Take care, and Rock on Jerry Garcia!!! (was that his name?) Hope this doesn't adversely affect our future, light hearted land rover discussions ;). Take care pal.

· Registered
455 Posts
URDiscovery, as a conservative Republican living in a blue state I understand your immediate assumption that I may not be too bright, but ignorant assumptions are something the other side uses to win elections in this state and I don't care to have them made about me. There was no racial slur written nor implied, and getting low on a personal level because of a post on message board. I think you owe myself and DevynsDad an apology.

· Registered
31 Posts
Gosh I'm sorry! I have no idea what I was thinking! I have no clue why I interpreted "(insert suitably offensive racial or ethnic slur here)" as implying a racial slur?!?!? I apologize, because that CLEARLY does not imply a racial slur. Again, I couldn't care less about your racial slurs, I hear them every day going to school at a $41,000 a year (A new disco every year) private university in virginia, I just choose not to participate. I don't care that you make them, really, I don't. I also just though Land Rover Owners were classier. Thats all. (By the way, I am from wisconsin, so I hear ya about those dems!), But it also doesn't help the republican cause to be making comments like that, for even little jokes further the stereotype of us conservatives. Anyways, poor dj cobb, the guy just wanted to know about his locks.. Ha, oh well, this has been pleasureable.

· Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Back to the thread.....

Hi from the Big Apple :drive:

Do you have access to the interior of the vehicle, like a open window? If you can feed 12v into the lighter
plug or use a car jumper you can then manually operate the power locks....By the way, there is more than one way to get into the vehicle ..the passenger door has a lock and the famed backdoor. I have broken into my Disco more times than I can remember, and I am also a Fob guy with a broken lock

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Very Simple

dj_cobb said:
Does anyone know how to unlock a rover when the battery is dead? The super locking feature is stuck in place.
Climb underneath the Disco, and attach your battery charger or jumper cables to the Large terminal on the starter motor. That goes directly to the battery.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.