Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Fired her up this morning and she started right up like the old days!! Drove her down to the gas station to fill her up and had the reader connected the entire trip. No issues what so ever. All systems were "OK" per the reader.
Still have a bit of fuel smell, but not like it was. Might run some cleaner through the fuel system. I will change the coolant this weekend and also do another oil change in about a month just to be safe!!
Will post up again if anything changes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I'm back....
Where do you get rid of a RRS that you are tired of working on?
After two days of driving, she went right back to "Restricted Performance"!! Still getting misfires on the even bank of cylinders. White smoke is minimal, more like condensation but still getting the fuel smell. Replaced #2 and 4 spark plugs just to see if I could narrow down these misfires. Started it up and I got a misfire in #4 cylinder and low pressure fuel rail trouble code. Then it started running rough again and got the same misfires through the even bank of cylinders. I'm over this thing and just trying to find a way to get her out of here!! Looking at used Chevy Tahoes! :)
Ughhhh
Low pressure fuel would not lead me to believe that's the issue with fuel dumping out the exhaust.

·
very disco
929 Posts
oh man, i feel your pain... i finally caved and submitted my RRS to my mechanic for the final C1A1364 trouble code that i was working on. they have serviced all of my land rovers for the last 15 years, and called me last week threatening to set fire to it. in hindsight the resolution makes sense, but i was blind as a bat to it in practice.

$1360 and three weeks later, it's perfect. a serious combination of feelings right now ranging from gut wrenching disgust to elation.

i know i vehemently opposed service, but i guess sometimes if you give it the college try, your time becomes more valuable than your money.

so sorry you're still battling the beast.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
The indie guy said new motor. Ha! I love her sort of but not that much. I wonder if I can donate her to St.Judes and write it off? :)

·
very disco
929 Posts
Haha. What a tragedy.
I feel like the “new motor” diagnosis is brutal. I’d get a second opinion?

81 - 85 of 85 Posts