Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:drink1: Yes you read it right. I have just got myself a Land Rover Defender 150 with a 300tdi. It's in layout is of a flat bed pick up with a bed base of 10 feet 6 inches. I'm collecting it in a week or two and will post a picture then. It does mean that my beloved 110 300tdi csw has to go because I can't afford both. :mad:

·
Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
macdon2000 said:
:drink1: Yes you read it right. I have just got myself a Land Rover Defender 150 with a 300tdi. It's in layout is of a flat bed pick up with a bed base of 10 feet 6 inches. I'm collecting it in a week or two and will post a picture then. It does mean that my beloved 110 300tdi csw has to go because I can't afford both. :mad:
Where are you from??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Essex, England

The South East of the UK. Going to pick it up on Saturday. Fully Mot'd and treated with underseal( that must have taken awhile). With my trailer on the back I will have 26/27 feet of transport space. Driving in London should be fun!

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
macdon2000 said:
The South East of the UK. Going to pick it up on Saturday. Fully Mot'd and treated with underseal( that must have taken awhile). With my trailer on the back I will have 26/27 feet of transport space. Driving in London should be fun!
DEAR GOD!!!!!! you are a brave brave man!!I drive my 109 in london and it puts the fear of god into me. I can usualy handle driving anywhere but the risk of getting hit by an uninsured driver in London(especialy where I live) is pretty good. I can take a hit on my new car but never the Landy. :bawling: Navigating that baby around London should prove a real adventure!! good luck. :drink1:

·
2,986 Posts
What's the deal with insurance in London? In the US, we have to pay extra onto our premium for uninsured drivers.. so if we get hit by an uninsured driver, we'd still be covered..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Depends

ON your level of insurance. Third party only covers the car you hit and fully comprhensive covers both yours and theres if it's your fault. If your hit by an uninsured and your third party then thats just tough luck on you but on fully comp you can claim on your own insurance but your premium will be screwed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
'MacDon'

I saw this one at a local show towards the beginning of September, I'll guess it's approaching 150"

E3 MUD

As you say a 150", plus a decent sized trailer will be fun in London.
Just a pity you can't put L plates on it as well.

That'd really scare the taxi-drivers :D

·
Registered
492 Posts
rmuller said:
What's the deal with insurance in London? In the US, we have to pay extra onto our premium for uninsured drivers.. so if we get hit by an uninsured driver, we'd still be covered..
In UK it is illegal to drive without any insurance

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kevin said:
Macdon2000,

Why do you want such a huge vehicle? What will you be using it for? :confused

I have a plant nursery that speaclises in hardy exotic plants. We do quite a lot of 'larger' palms, bamboo, olive trees etc. When I say 'larger' the biggest this year weighed just under 3 tonnes was in a 1500litre pot and Was 34 feet tall. (It was in fact the largest imported palm within the UK.) (so far) We deliver nationwide and most of our plants go on trailers as they wont fit in a van. Hence the 150. I'm getting a frame and vinyl tilt cover made for the 150 and trailer so carrying capacity should be good. About 26 feet long by 6'6feet wide.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure

Bush Tucker Man said:
'MacDon'

I saw this one at a local show towards the beginning of September, I'll guess it's approaching 150"

E3 MUD

As you say a 150", plus a decent sized trailer will be fun in London.
Just a pity you can't put L plates on it as well.

That'd really scare the taxi-drivers :D
I think it's a 130. 'L' plates sound like a good idea. At least every one will stay out of my way.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I laughed when I read your post

Searcaigh said:
Friend of mine here has a 130 and it is nicknamed the BARGE, I guess the 150 is close to being a SUPERTANKER
Supertanker would be an improvement. So much for three point turns try 33 point turns. At least it's got power steering!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Learner drivers

garland823 said:
i'm thinking it means L earner...sorta like the big student driver signs on top of driver's ed cars here, except i think you have to have one on private cars.
Before you pass your test you have to have 'L' \plates and a new ish thing they are doing is once you have passed your test you have to have 'P' plates for a while.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.