Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bgreen: :bgreen: :bgreen:

Chaps,

Need to put a cpl' of ideas to the grave or take them further towards fruition.

1. Can a 110 super crew body be jigged around to go onto a Disco frame? If so what's needed to complete the job. (A) How much welding ? where ? Drive train problems ? (B) will the wheelbase need lengthening?

2. Can anyone in the UK source a Tdi 200/300/Td5 (low mileage), engine ancillaries all the gubbings so it can bolt in, and wiring harness to fit into my V8 3.9 D-1 in the US.

3. I know in the UK your all gutted by our petrol prices here in comparison to 5+ quid a gallon. I sympathise When I returned from Kuwait To Surrey in 1994 I brought home my V-8 D-1. I think I filled it twice and it was advertised for sale in the LHD section of the "Times" It went off to Prague with some Professor and his wifey.

Hey any help on the above will be great. Another option is sourcing a complete 110 super C or 130 Hi Cap and dissambling it. I just need to get a defender on the road here but not at the NAS Def prices.

Cheers

Nomad

:beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
317 Posts
nomad,
Doesn't a Disco have a 100" wheelbase? I think right there you're looking at massive amounts of fabrication.

I know of one guy in NJ that imported a TDI engine and put it in a D90 frame for a project he's building...check on the d90 BBS...something like www.d-90.org and I think his handle is something like "NJ TDI GUY" or something similar...

George Laird at Rovers Down South occasionally has complete 110 or 130 bodies for sale as well as rolling chassis...might want to give him a buzz to see what he's got at the moment.

Bogatyr

·
Registered
5 Posts
engine conversion

Nomad

You can fit a td5 into a series 1 disco but do not make the mistake that I
have, fit a motor, manual box, tcase, and rear shaft from a defender that way you will not have all the probs that occur when you put in a motor auto box etc from a disco 2.

td5/v8

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.