Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night I watched The Village on DVD at home and saw a Defender in the movie. What confuses me is that I thought you chaps in America couldn't get Defenders because of safety regs etc. I don't know the year the movie was made but it surely can't be more than two years old. :confused

From when could you not get Defenders?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Actually, those were the model years, but more than 100 of the 110s began showing up in late August, '92, and the first batch of 90s were on the delaer lots in the fall of '93. More than half of the 110s were built in 1992.

It's hard to believe, based upon the present desire, or at least high prices of NAS 110s, but there were so many still sitting at dealers at the end of '93, many were trying to get LRNA to take them back. LRNA did move some to other parts of the country, but all 500 of production series weren't sold off until late 1994, some being heavily discounted from the MSRP of $39,900.
Mine is number 103, and it was first titled in October 1992 to Jason Isringhousen

·
Registered
6 Posts
Defenders in my dreams

I Dream of Africa (a couple of years old) with Kim Bassinger was full of Defenders if I'm not mistaken, and in fact one of the best sweet eerie musical accompaniments of flute and something traces the fabulous machine on it's heroic journey into the wilds, sending lakeside flamingos skyward, tearing up hills, over ruts and dales, God it's a beautiful moment. The film is full of loving shots like that, worth it just for the details. Oh, and to the point, who knows where they filmed it, but maybe Hollywood.

·
Underwater hockey is no dumber than any other spor
259 Posts
I think they filmed the Village in the UK which would explain the Defender. However, it would not be unlikely for them to simply be using a D90 from the legal years. Also, the premise of the movie is that it takes place on a huge private nature reserve so it would be possible (more or less) to import a Defender that will never see use on a public road. If I were a billionaire w/ a huge private nature reserve, hell yeah I'd give my security folks defenders to patrol in! :drive:

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
That movie sucked!!!!! I sat through that thing only to find out the Monster was a stupid F*****G mask that the clowns in the village wore to scare their inbred children. The Defender was the best part. That was worth it I suppose. :buttrock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.