Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ,ill be buying a land rover defender before the summer months (April,May time) but in the mean time would like some ideas of what can REALLY be done with a defender. You guys know any websites that have info and pics on some souped up defenders? Im looking to go the full hog with mine with regards to spots, winches, snorkle, gonna throw in a big sound system too! Your help would be apperciated! Thanks

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
vanditbandit said:
gonna throw in a big sound system too!
Your help would be apperciated!
Lemme guess, you've never ridden in one.

If you expect to hear the stereo, get a big one.

Peace,
PT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol yeah iv ridden in one but when i said i like my music i mean I LIKE MY MUSIC! im talkin a massive In Car Entertainment unit, suited for sound offs .... it wont be a £29.99 twin speaker afair believe me ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
What do you intend to use it for? This will have a HUGE impact on what you buy. With spots, winches etc. I presume you will be indulging in extreme off roading at night? If so, be prepared to spend a lot of time and money keeping it in good shape. p.s. In this situation the sound system will not help much unless you need to attract the attention of rescuers. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi there

I would think the acoustic properties of a defender would be useless for a decent sound system, plus I do not know of many systems that will function underwater. The pre TD5 defender is the best all round off road choice there is, although there are many vehicles out there that can surpass it in certain areas they do not provide the overall package.

The best point about defenders is there mechano constuction, nice and simple with all parts unboltable and this is what I really like about them.

If you want lots of chrome and music with nice ride and comfort then the defender is not the one, you would need a japanese SUV or between them & defenders is the disco & rangerover.

Roy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts