Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hi. I am brand new to the forum. I just got my first Land Rover. It is a Series III Lightweight. My question (I am sure the first of veery many) is whether or not any of the Series Land Rover defroster outlets would be appropriate for a lightweight or whether or not the Series III defroster outlets were diifferent from the earlier Series or whether or not the Lightweight had different ones? I have been told that they were an add-on, but I would assume that in certain climates that they were installed in the military lightweights. I have not been able to find them for sale on the net and I am not sure if they need any type of additional mounting hardware or what. I have see pictures of them on a lightweight on the net but can't telll about hardware! Does anyone have an idea? If there is a site that shows a break down by part, please let me know. Best regards, Bilbo

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
All lightweights came with defoggers as standard equipment, the Army calls them windows! He He. I am sure you can retro fit some kind of defogger to your Rover somehow. Try posting on the Series forum to get some feedback from the guys that own the civilian Series Rovers. As far as I know ( I could be wrong) the Army Rovers are all very spartain and lightweights are even worse so any sporting a defogger must be a add on retro fit. I am however very envyous of your lightweight, I have always liked these Rovers. Please post some pic's as this forum could use a few!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah-windows

Why didn't I think of that! I was not rally concerned about the defrosters til I saw a pic of a Lightweight on the net with them. Pretty neat looking. Very British minimalistic engineering fix to the problem. Thanks for the input and I will try to post a pic. Bil

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Mine came with them. Though they've always proven to be more for looks. LOL
Ones from about a '62 IIa should fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts