Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first Discovery without doing any research or even knowing much about the brand. I just happened to see it on the lot and it looked great.

As ive become more interested in Rovers ive noticed that all of them I see, besides some heavily modified ones, have LAND ROVER right above the grill.. you know. It really started to bug me as it seemed like I bought the only rover without this cool lettering.

Well I made sure my new one has it, but Im just curious about this. Do they all come from the factory with those letters or are they just on some vehicles? Do people take them off, and why? My father suggested it might have had a lot of pock marks and dings on the front and was repainted..

Thanks, panzer.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
They all come with them from the factory. Not sure why someone would remove them. Perhaps they were stolen, or the hood was damaged & repaired, or various other reasons.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your answers. Im not going to bother since ill have it on my new one. Im curious now as to what damage has been covered up on my old one.. :eek:

·
Registered
709 Posts
When we first bought our 97' the lettering on the hood looked real bad. It was faded, cracked and just ugly... I removed it and went to the dealer and bought the raised vinyl decal that was on the D2's. It looked great! Such a small thing, but made a huge difference... Now I want to remove the vinyl lettering on our D2 for the 2003-2004/LR3 lettering. It looks even better. :D

Most likely, if your car wasn't in an accident, the previous owner didn't like the cracked peeling lettering and couldn't justify spending $60 for a "sticker"??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.