Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, im looking into calling the Sacramento LR junkyard and getting myself some manly DI wiper arms. Im wondering if anyone knows if its just the arms, or if I need other parts? And also if its certain year DI's? Anything else? I would buy from EE, but why bother if I can get them for like $15/both from a junk yard.

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys;

frickjp, I checked out those blades; look sweet, but they only sell them at specialty auto shops in town. Im afraid they would cost like 3x the price, perhaps I will look into it after the arms. I was just thinking of getting some cheap silicon blades at walmart; the think about where I live is that there is 3-5in of rainfall a year usually in the form of snow. The rest of the year its burning hot, so its not even worth getting pricy blades because they wont last past winter...

2,687 Posts
the almighty $$ ... DII doesn't have any aftermarket blades out, so you have to fork up money to the dealer or a vendor to get the genuine ones.. which isn't absolutely horrible.. but just wait until its raining and one of the blades break, and you have to wait a few days for a new one to be shipped.. PITA.

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeh, thats what I was wondering...

I couldnt even afford to get new blades every month; it would cost as much as it would to fill another rover worth of gas. How much are you paying for blades? My dealer wants $75 for a set.

Does anyone know if the rear D1 arms are compatable with the rear D2 assembly??? (use rear D1 arm in D2 rear?)

· Registered
128 Posts
keptin said:
yeh, thats what I was wondering...

Does anyone know if the rear D1 arms are compatable with the rear D2 assembly??? (use rear D1 arm in D2 rear?)
It'll bolt on, but then you've got no squirts. Whassa' matter, don't like the plastic one? That was one dumb idea. We change several a day all winter.

· Registered
24 Posts
The dealer charged me $35 each for two Disco '02 wiper blades. They only sell the whole cantilever assembly- not just the wiper itself. If they worked well, I wouldn't care, but they suck. ANCO lists a replacement, but when I got it, it was too long. So watch out if some chart tells you they have an equivalent. Finally, I slid out the old wiper and got the ANCO N-21R. It was the right length, but I had to crimp those "C" shaped holders in a little to better grip the plastic edging on the wiper. I think they were $7 each and work just as well.

I will probably go and get the older Disco arms so as to fit more different wipers. Does anyone know where I can get that part that allows you to put two wipers on the one arm together?

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What I ended up doing because I was desperate was I went to walmart, bought two large silicone blades w/ assemblies and then took out the blades from the assemblies with a pair of pliers, took out the old ones from the rover blade assemblies and put them in. It was a major pain and I dont want to do it again, but I got good silicone wiper blades that lasted for quite a while, but now, they are going "bye bye", which is why im looking at the front D1 arms.

About the rear;

thats right, I forgot that they spray through them, I wish it was like the D1 sprayers (from the side, even off the hatch). I guess I will just buy a rear one; I will first look at atlantic british to see if I can get one for less $.

And yes; my local dealer does sell them for $75/set!!! it is such a rip off. It might have something to do with them also being the caddy/buick dealer and the only LR dealer for 300mi. Perhaps they believe people will give up and just pay it?

· Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
Keptin dont complain. In reality Jaguar and BMW both use wiper inserts.

Trust me doing jags at times warranty you have replace the wiper insert. Its a pain but you get used to it. Just dont bend anything.

but what helps out if you can get some is Jaguar windshield paste. better than rainex and cleans better too.

trust me jag guys got bottles of the stuff. we get one each and every service and pdi. And we only use a bit of it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.