Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just got a new foxwell scan tool. it works very well but the code explanation is very simple. does anyone have or can direct me to all land rover codes? I'm having suspension issues and have several codes. ie. C1 A07-62/l cross articulation - what does that mean?

thanks
Daryl

·
very disco
2,083 Posts
i believe that's a wheel sensor out of range. do you have the 4x4 display in your rig?

·
Registered
286 Posts
It is not a wheel sensor out of range per se.

It is an EAS Calibration issue. I would start by re-calibrating the EAS. I don't know if the Foxwell can do that job. The next question to answer is WHY the calibration was lost. I'd examine the condition of your suspension height sensors, particularly in the front. Do the electrical connection (and wiring harness) look intact? Are they mounted correctly with no missing fasteners? Did they get tweaked? (one of mine got bent out of place once, causing this same issue). That said, provided there is no damage and the EAS "takes" the new calibration, you should be good to go.

·
very disco
2,083 Posts
I’ve not ever known an EAS truck to lose calibration by itself. I would second the notion of physically inspecting the wiring harness behind the FL wheel well liner, and the height sensors... after checking the 4x4 display if so equipped.

if the truck is somehow out of calibration I would suspect a physical or electrical fault, unless you’ve been monkeying around flashing software or resetting things.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Concur. The calibration doesn't just get wiped out, something has to cause it, but "cross articulation" is exactly what results when a calibration is lost. I guess a sensor could go bad but it's just a potentiometer; not much to it.

·
very disco
2,083 Posts
That’s all assuming that the sensors are reporting accurately. Usually a sensor testing “out of range” is broken.

at any rate, original poster where’d you go???

·
Registered
286 Posts
How does a sensor "test" out of range? How do you test it? I've only ever gotten out of range faults when my "lift" wasn't dialed in just right and then I got into an extended mode of the EAS that was beyond what is normally allowed. Since then I have dialed back my lift so that I allow some tolerance.

·
very disco
2,083 Posts
A sensor goes kaput and gives readings that the computer considers “implausible” like 26” higher etc.

My SAS went out and was reporting my steering wheel turned over 5000 degrees

·
Registered
286 Posts
What told you that it was reporting 5000 degrees? Some code reader?

I suppose that with the GAP IIDTool a person can determine if a reading is out of range (or whatever) from a height sensor, but what they cannot determine is whether there is a electro-mechanical issue with the sensor mechanism itself or if it's simply a bad calibration. That is my point. I don't know of a way to really "test" the height sensors themselves.

·
very disco
2,083 Posts
Yes my nanocom reported the actual value, but this hearkens to my question:
do you have the 4x4 display in your rig?
the 4x4 display offers a graphical representation of the data provided by the sensors. In my case, it showed the steering wheel locked to the right and didn’t respond to turning. In the original poster’s case, the 4x4 display may show one wheel height way too high or way too low.

no diagnostic equipment is needed to obtain this data, provided the vehicle is equipped as such.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That could also be the result of a severed wiring run to the Sensor; however, in that case despite the suspension fault, the EAS should still work. I experienced that one last year while off-roading. Also the fault would be amber not red.

·
very disco
2,083 Posts
I feel this turning into an argument with you rather than helping out the OP lol.

there are numerous similar yet different scenarios which can result in a wide variety of symptoms. My EAS wasn’t working, but I only had a yellow fault light.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm not intending to be argumentative, just trying to put different EAS fault types (and symptoms) into buckets so that the OP can narrow down what the issue is. As you say, there are numerous scenarios with a wide variety of symptoms.

However, the OP got a very specific code. Cross-Articulation is a particular condition and it's the result of a bad calibration. I'd ask the OP if, physically, the error occurs at about 40+ MPH and results in a RED suspension icon and the EAS going down to Access Height.

Out-of-range faults are just that, and when read they state "suspension out of range" and are amber and go away with a power cycling.

Look, I am not trying to flex on you, but I've had my LR3 for almost 15 years and I have seen all of these faults. I know how they present themselves in the cabin and I know their symptoms on the vehicle. This is an easy one.

·
very disco
2,083 Posts
I’ll defer to your expertise then, as while mine did put me through the ringer (I bought it faulty), I’ve only had 7mo experience.

Reactions: HOUM_WA

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same thing happen when a tire guy accidentaly let all air out of the system when they popped a strut bag. Mine had a rod lift kit. Fixed it by jacking up the right front so that the height sensor physically came back into range.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Even though this is rather "old" thread, I just wanted to thank the contributors to it. Posters ask how to tackle a certain issue, and are given knowledgeable suggestions. But to be given additional (usually more technical) information about the system itself (and how it functions/ malfunctions) is very helpful.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts