Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so heres the codes I have p0445 p0448 p0340 p0590 p0134 p0154. I know my front pass side wheel sensor is bad. Im thinking I need to grab a new MAF to solve a few on here but any ideas on the rest? RoverMike are you out there?ha Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Based on those codes, how did you come up with that guess??
How many miles on the engine?
You have 2 dead front 02 sensors and 2 evap codes, I have not seen or can find a 590 code, are you sure it was a 590?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im embarrassed now. I like to think Im pretty at good with working on my rover after 5 years driving it. Im up to 225k. So I bought some MAF cleaner and a new air filter. When I opened up the air box I saw a dead bee and dirt on the top side of the filter. FML The plastic tab on the right side tab of the top of the air box had bent in and hasnt been sealing off properly. Im killing myself because its been like this since at least 50k miles ago when I last replaced the filter. Ive been trying to figure out how Im running so rich and driving with 9-12mpg for the past year or so. FML, FML, FML!! Ill recheck the codes in a day or so lol

Also seperate thread but Im looking into getting a second rover after I finish marine corps boot camp. Trying to decide between a LR3 or a Range 2006-2008. Any insight? Ill be keeping the 99 Disco for most of my fun but want something a little newer and less "cosmetically distressed" for everyday driving.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
An old air filter will not cause those codes. A new air filter should be installed every 20,000 to 30,000 miles after you repair or replace the air filter lid.
When are you going to fix what is wrong with your engine based on actual codes?????

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK i think that I may have not gotten a full read before. I rescanned and got a new list for yall. There are some ovious things I see that might help out too. First the hose from the maf to the throttle is falling apart so I ordered a new one, major leak. Second is all the o2 sensors are covered in oil that is leaking from the rocker covers. I tried tightening the bolts i can get too but one of them Im not able to get tightened in. It just spins as if there isnt any threads but the bolt looks fine so Im not too excited about having to add that to a list of problems I have, I suppose Ill look at it when I get down to regasket the top side again. Would cleaning the o2 sensors of oil help or are they fried?

The codes Im getting are:
p1884
p0102
p0340
p0445
p0448
p1590
p0135
p0155
p0141
p0161

1 - 5 of 5 Posts