Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did some off-roading over the weekend. Learned so much about the Disco. With surround camera you can have off road view that show you the front, and view of your 2 front wheels. The hill decent work fantastically. I love the Disco 4 before and understand why some people dislike how the new Disco 5 doesn't have the line of the 4 and look too much like a Sport. After a few days driving in the 5 and I realize how much better and capable the 5 is. Me and my wife are in love with the Disco 5.

a few pic over the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
That's nice .. Your next Disco should be a Disco I or II. Since a Disco I or II will easily beat it on the trails .. :)

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Please excuse the uneducated, it's good to see you out there enjoying the capabilities of the D5. They are pretty impressive off road.

·
Super Moderator
2,009 Posts
From everything I have heard and read the D5 is a vey capable off-road vehicle.
Comparison between a high tech modern vehicle like a D5 and an old technology “bull in a China shop D1 or D2 really isn’t fair to either truck IMO.
I for one am happy to see that not ALL D5s are being used by soccer moms as fancy little shuttle buses.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
From everything I have heard and read the D5 is a vey capable off-road vehicle.
Comparison between a high tech modern vehicle like a D5 and an old technology “bull in a China shop D1 or D2 really isn’t fair to either truck IMO.
I for one am happy to see that not ALL D5s are being used by soccer moms as fancy little shuttle buses.
The DI - DII is a Bull in a British Shop... because it's a British car.. manufactured in Britain.

·
Bleeds Green
83 Posts
WLADiscoII99 said:
The DI - DII is a Bull in a British Shop... because it's a British car.. manufactured in Britain.
Hahahahahahha - Oh man, THAT made me laugh. Never heard the saying "bull in a china shop" before? It's not a bull in a "Chinese" shop ordering sweet and sour chicken, it's a- china (fine dishes) shop. oh man - thanks for that. I needed a good laugh to change the trajectory of my morning!

Anyway - I'm glad to see a D5 out and about. Hopefully it'll always live up to the Land Rover name by being foremost in luxury and capability. Just watch out for those tires - they're the weakest part of my Range (thinner sidewalls require more pressure, higher-pressure tire meets sharp rock, day goes south)

·
Super Moderator
2,009 Posts
WLADiscoII99 said:
Hahahahahahha - Oh man, THAT made me laugh. Never heard the saying "bull in a china shop" before? It's not a bull in a "Chinese" shop ordering sweet and sour chicken, it's a- china (fine dishes) shop. oh man - thanks for that. I needed a good laugh to change the trajectory of my morning!

Anyway - I'm glad to see a D5 out and about. Hopefully it'll always live up to the Land Rover name by being foremost in luxury and capability. Just watch out for those tires - they're the weakest part of my Range (thinner sidewalls require more pressure, higher-pressure tire meets sharp rock, day goes south)
Wrong quote but glad you enjoyed it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts