Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone done a diesel convertion on a disco2. can i import one from land rover or do i look into some other make. what the legal bs that goes with that. any info would be helpfull. i live in washington state.

whats the power and torque in the land rover diesel? will it bolt right in?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the ecr web site. i was impressed with there work. im going to look into a 2.8 powerstroke convertion. i would like to put a 5 speed in. and since you have to change the tranny anyway. it might be a good time to do it all.

· Registered
1,038 Posts
This is my first one too. I love it. If you can find a good book store like Barnes and Nobles they should carrry the "Land Rover Owners Internationl" magazine. Its a good read but its about $10 and I have to drive 1 1/2 hours to get it. They are always advertising td5 Discos.
If I'm not mistaken the DII you have a 4.0 liter not that it really makes a difference but you know that Land Rover fit Diesel's in these even ones like mine with the 4.6 so you would assume they could get a hold of one of those ECU's from a diesel Disco in Europe.

What putting in a 4.6??? That should not be too bad, but I guess it depends on what you would want the diesel for. Sometimes I think if I had a diesel I would not drive so fast.
DD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.