Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can point me in the right direction on this problem.The Diff Lock warning Lamp on my 2000 D2 comes on when I apply the brakes. The Diff does not appear to be locked as I get no transmission windup when cornering.
I don't know if this other event is connected, but the anti lock brake lamp stayed on after normal starting, but after turning the ignition on and off a couple of times, it never happened again.
Best wishes

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Warning Light

Skip.
Do actually have a CDL and linakage on your 2000 D2, if so, how when was the last time you used it? How many miles on your truck?
The two issues of braking and the CDL light coming on are in no way related. I believe you have either a bad CDL switch in the t/case or a shorted wire.
Mike J.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
The NAS Disco IIs from '02 don't have CDL. Not sure about the UK models.
Could you be confusing the CDL light with the ETC light? ETC uses the ABS system to apply brake to a spinning wheel, so you'll often see both warning lights come on at the same time, ie: the ETC system is dependent upon the ABS system so a problem with one will typically lead to a problem w/ the other.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Diff Lock Warning Lamp

Further to the original Post, I have done a little investigating. A colleague at work informed me that I had no brake lights or reversing lights working, it turned out the 15amp fuse for the Brake Lamps and Reversing Lamps had blown. I replaced the fuse and engaged reverse to check if the lamps were working and the fuse blew, I have not tried yet to see if with a new fuse in pressing the brakes makes the fuse blow.
I have only had the Disco for 8 months and never offroaded proper in it yet.
It is a basic 5 seat model so it does not have enhanced corner control, I'm not sure if it has traction control either.
I also found that I could make the ABS warning lamp come on by first pressing the brake pedal then turning on the ignition. However if the brake pedal is not pressed, the ABS lamp does not come on.
I hope this extra information may shed some light, but I am at a loss.
Many thanks.
SKIP

·
2,986 Posts
Hamilton said:
I have only had the Disco for 8 months and never offroaded proper in it yet.
It is a basic 5 seat model so it does not have enhanced corner control, I'm not sure if it has traction control either.
Enhanced Corner Control (A[ctive]CE) is an option, but ETC (Electronic Traction Control), at least in the US, is a standard package with all the trucks.. so is ABS and HDC (Hill Decent Control)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem solved

I seem to have found the problem after removing and checking all the Brake and Reversing lamp bulbs with a continuity meter. One of the bulbs had a direct short circuit unlike the others that registered a resistance of 1.2. I replaced all the bulbs as a precaution and the dashboard Diff Lock Warning Light is now off.
On inspection of the mountings of the bulbs I did notice that the metal tracks on the lamp holder has little tags which are bent inwards away from each other. Some of these are very close to each other, but none appeared to be touching which I think could happen, as the lamp board is secured to the lens cover. As a precaution I have bent these over further away from each other.
Thanks for all the help.
SKIP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.