Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 disco with DiffLock warning lamp on but No ABS or TC on. I removed the front driveshaft to drive untill i figure what it is. Any Help. Going to check fuse 25 i belive. Any other info will be great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Usually that warning comes on only when you push the brake pedal if F25 is blown and no brake lights in this case but worth a check, unplug the diff-lock switch(on top of the transfer box casing) maybe it's stuck closed and gives earth to the ECU then it's only the warning on, the ABS and TC warnings are on with locked diff only on early(pre-facelift) modells.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
It also comes on when the Diff is locked. Have you made sure the diff wasn't locked? I know it locks since your driving with no front shaft.

Reactions: redtruck12

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
I remember something about a solenoid on top of the transfer case ... Sticking? Or something to do with it and as I recall .
Anybody know what I mean? Or is that for hi /low?
Just thinking it might be related

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had my diff-lock switch fail causing the chime to drive me crazy. I unplugged the speaker for at least a month until I replaced the switch which fixed the problem. A few months later I had to replace the whole T-Case. Drives much smoother now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm getting no chiming just the light is locked in high maybe the light is on because of the front driveshaft is out.I disconnected the wires on top of the differential and made no difference I believe it will go out when I put the driveshaft back in is that true?

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Clarify if you can
You currently are driving the truck with the front shaft out?
To be able to drive it without a front shaft you NEED to have the diff locked and if so the light should be on.
If you take it out of diff lock without a front shaft you will not be able to drive.
I'm thinking that the diff may require rotation of the front output (front drive flange) to kick it out of diff lock.
I would try re installing the front shaft and then taking it out of lock

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tried to take it out of lock and reverse it back and forth and the light is still on and acts like ,becuse it is,still in 4wd. any other thoughts? no chiming at all just light

·
Registered
55 Posts
The diff lock light sensor (located on the top part of the transfer case housing) appears to be stuck (see pics).

Attachments

Reactions: redtruck12
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.