Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ll get right to the point. Ive recently replaced the pads and rotors, which kept the amigos away for well over a month. Today i started the truck to go to work they came on before i even moved an inch. Im pretty sure its the front passenger wheel speed sensor, and i need to know how difficult it is to change. Also this is my first awd vehicle, does this affect that. I contacted atlantic british abou the price of one but havent gotten a response yet. Any ideas or suggestions, or any input at all is appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone. I probably would of sold this truck by now if it wasn t for the help i get from this forum.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
If you had not even moved, I doubt that it is a speed sensor and for your sanity I would suggest you not guess and have the codes read with the proper scanner.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill have to do that. My scanner isnt any help when it comes to the abs system. I had the 1590 code before the brakes were done, as i understand thats just a general abs code right? My guy said something about the front passenger sensor in the past but i put it out of mind seeing as how the amigos stayed away after the rotors and stuff were done. Im actually working on getting the rave right now.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
The 1590 is a , Rough Road/ABS fault code because of the 3 amigos.
You will need to find a mechanic with a specialty scanner specific for ABS codes or go buy the 3 Amigos Scanner from RSWsolutions.com to find, fix and clear your codes.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Where are you located, maybe someone on here in your area you can borrow ABS Amigo from. Also, there are a few buys around the LR forums that rent them out for $20 plus deposit until they get it back.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im located in york, pa. Im thinking that since ive dumped a ton of cash into this truck recently, it would be a good idea just to buy one. Im definitely keeping this truck for a while, so it probably will come in handy in the future. Thanks for the advice guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts