Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys, I'm new here and have questions already :) Will a Discovery 2(99-04) fender fit onto a Discovery 1? I understand that if it does, then the Discovery 1 headlight won't fit because Discovery 2 Fenders are shaped differently for the headlights. Which is the exact reason why I want to find out whether the Discovery 2 fender will fit a Discovery 1.

My purpose for this is to convert the Discovery 1 headlights and to install Discovery 2 headlights. I really like the way they look and am willing to go through some modifications to install it. Any suggestions?

· Registered
268 Posts
I'm assuming you mean the '03-04 headlights, because the '99-02 headlights are the same as the D1 only with a black ring inside the housing.
Don't go with '03-04 headlights. The plastic yellows and gets hazy and they're big bucks to replace. And its pretty significant work to install them on a D1. Completely not worth it IMO.
If you have money to burn get the E-code D2 headlights(99-02) from Europe. They actually are an upgrade because they're brighter.

· Premium Member
7,890 Posts
Like Fish said if your talking about the 99-02 Disco II headlights it is a direct simple swap no body panel issues at all. If your talking about the 03-04 lights than it is a lot of work and a lot of money just for looks essentially.

· Premium Member
3,190 Posts
Just an FYI, the fenders and bonnet are the same for all 1999-2004 DII's. There isn't really anything different about these parts when you get into the last couple of years with the different headlight assemblies.

If you were to hold a DII fender up to a DI you would immediately notice that the crease is larger on the DII, the wheel flare is greater on the DII and the cutout for the side repeater is larger. There are other issues with mounting holes matching up and supports being different but I guess they could be creatively overcome. I just think a DII fender on a DI body would look weird because of the first two reasons I mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.