Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry folks, had to post it, just to annoy everyone, LOL!! Only one mod left to go...swap out the anemic 4.0 to a 4.6 with the crower cam, and modded heads from Southwest Rovers. Last update was putting in Defender D90 brakes. This beast is so heavy the stock brakes barely worked. Thanks to Rob Dassler at Southwest for the many years of work on this sucker. Yep...that's Rhino Lining inside and out:

Hatred mail can be sent to: [email protected]

:drive:

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cuz it had to be done!

I've had this Disco for a number of years, and kept trying...and sometimes failing to get it to the offroad worthiness I wanted. I moved to New Mexico and discovered pretty quickly that the ledges are steep, rocks are sharp, and the pinon trees scrape away your paint every time you drive thru them. Final decision was to go all out, 110%. I never wanted to worry about scratches or scrapes, and if I tumbled down into a river run wanted to end back up semi alive, thus the cage.

Well I guess one more mod I'm after....Fox shox with external reservoirs. The Billsteins are good, but for the weight of the truck....nope, not good enough.

The fiancé is driving the 2002 Disco II, though she does pretty good with this one. I must say.....high speed turns on the highway doesn't feel so great with the cage on it, nor does pedal to the metal to keep it up to speed on tall highway hills. It does have 4:56 gears...but the motor is just too tiny. Hopefully the 4.6 with the larger valve heads, better cam, and mild port work will make some difference. To be continued....:sheep:

· Registered
179 Posts
sweet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.