Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver side window is not working all the other windows are working fine. When I try roll it down it clicks and the sound comes from the glovebox area. So I'm confused I'm told d2 doesn't have a window ecu what could this be? 2000 disco 2

·
Registered
230 Posts
Possibly a window regulator.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Take off that panel, inspect. When my window came off the regulator it didn't do anything just like what you are mentioning.

Tape the window just in case. There are two 10mm bolts (thought they were 10mm) holding the window to the regulator. See what you can then update

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Answers so far seem to be assuming the noise is coming from inside the drivers door?
If the clicking sound is coming fro behind the glove box you are dealing with a control issue.
Windows are b.c.m. (Body control module) controlled. Mounted up high under the dash behind the glove box on left hand drive / north amarican trucks
Your description sounds like a relay chattering.
Can you verify where the sound is coming from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got the same problem.

Definite click coming from BCU when trying to raise window. I've reversed the wires to the motor and the window goes up but now it doesn't go down.

So, it looks like the BCU is faulty and I've got one on order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.