Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disco 2 wont start or even get power to the starter... battery is fine and when the key is turned dash lights up... Also and it may be related... the shifter is in neutral in all positions...

The key is also not that great and is difficult to use, went to dealer and had a new key made by the VIN, this new key does not work at all?? but looks very close to the old key (old key only seems more warn out)

I bought this car knowing it did not work, I was told it was in a fender bender that damaged the front bumper cosmetically but supposedly it was enough to move the heat shield that covers the starter and shorted out the starter?? I replaced the starter and confirmed the old starter was bad.... Any ideas???

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would start by putting a voltmeter on the little push-on connector at the starter, then turn the key and check for voltage...if none, then I would suspect the shift indicator and get that worked out.... If it says neutral all the time, something is way out of whack and needs to be bypassed or repaired first.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
How do you know your battery is fine, what is the voltage with the head lights on? Have you tried jumping the battery with cables, also reset the alarm 3 time by locking and unlock the locks 3 times in a row.
How mechanical are you?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts