21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Check if you have enough fuel pressure

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you know what the pressure is suppose to be? Also I am having a hard time finding the pressure release valve is located? I think I see it but it is really burred in the back of the motor. Maybe that is not is as others i have seem are right on top.

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,148 Posts
There is a valve but nearly impossible to get at with the upper intake in place.
Drivers side (left) on fuel rail cylinder 5/7 area

·
Registered
14 Posts
AHHH Thanks that is what I thought. My buddy was a mechanic for 45 years and he thought that was it but we would have to take stuff apart to get at it. Thank you, i will let you know how it goes..

·
LAND ROVER DISCOVERY ll SE7 FOR SALE
6 Posts
Hello:

Try the Crank Sensor again on one of older Discos. we had the same problem we put a crank sensor in (OEM) but it was no good so we put in another one (also OEM) and voila problem fixed always aim for OEM if you can our LRover Tech who does not work for Land Rover but who trained in Britain on Land Rover's et al. told us always OEM if you can.

Hope that helps.

Elle

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
... always aim for OEM if you can ....
I strongly contradict that..."OEM" is just a fancy name for a bit more expensive aftermarkets made by some branded company in theyr's back yard from cheaper materials or one which was supposed to become genuine but failed the strict bench tests while it's still ISO compliant... the only 100% reliable thing is "Genuine LR" which is made especially to pass strict requirements imposed by the company, that's why those are so expensive, the ''myth" that Genuine is just an OEM with a green oval sticker on it is boll*ox... i know that from inside the factories, believe me or not

·
6 Posts
Okay Don’t shoot the messenger we have owned several and we do try to follow our techs advice its clear to us he knows what he’s talking about.

Rov N Tech - Scottsdale AZ

·
6 Posts
Okay Don’t shoot the messenger we have owned several and we do try to follow our techs advice its clear to us he knows what he’s talking about.

Rov N Tech - Scottsdale AZ

21 - 30 of 30 Posts