Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi anybody. I am in the sticks with my 2005 Disco4 3.0 TDV6 and about every 100Kms am getting resticted performanc message and loosing most power. stop switch off the engine, wait 10 mins then start again and fault has gone for about another 100Kms. also engine looses power for 1 or 2 secs while climbing long hills. I am towing a 800Kgs max at 100Kms/H. Am I causing damage by continuing or not. Seems OK when not towing Any ideas?:crying

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
Could be a lot of things. A scanner would make that alot quicker. I bet if you hooked one up and read live data it would say either high transmission temperature or high exhaust gas temp (egt)/turbo protection. Read the codes first then leave it hooked up and make it display the symptoms. (Tow something) see what happens.

If its either one of those the proper way to cool it would be let it idle for at least 3mins..5 is better...then try to turn it off then back on...or let it sit. Idling will pump tranny fluid through the cooler and exhaust gases through the turbo. Matter of fact on the turbo side if you shut it off directly it will get hotter before it cools.

Is it a standard or automatic? Have you changed your air filter lately?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.