Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,854 Posts
What issues have you encounter? How many miles? Have services been up to date? Are you first owner?
Our 2 LR3's have been very reliable and they are both 12 year old now.
Dave

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
It's not a Toyota or Honda, but not really much worse than most of the rest. Once the English stopped building cars using English parts some years back, they began to get better. It's still a Rover and it's going to have more problems and cost more to fix than others, but, you get to drive a Rover. If you, like most, bought it because you didn't want to be like the dozen other people on your block driving an Explorer, that comes with a cost. If you bought it thinking it would be more reliable and cost less to maintain than something else... OOPS.

If you bought it used, with no service records and got what you thought at the time was a "great deal", that wouldn't have been the best choice. A properly-maintained truck shouldn't be causing you much grief. But yes, there are some expensive things on your truck that can go wrong. If you are taking it to a dealer, you're probably grossly over-paying.

But you gotta remember, just because you paid $20K for it, you're not maintaining a $20K car. You're maintaning a $70K car.

·
1,854 Posts
Good point CT090.
Dave

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yes, very good point. As much as I gripe at my DII, I am amazed at all the bells and whistles it has. Granted a few things like the CD player do not work, but overall it is over equipped for what it is worth on the open market.

It's a love/hate relationship. Today is Thursday and I love mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.